I thought I’d try a new style blog post today, firstly because I’ve seen some of these and I think they are really interesting, and secondly, because it might actually encourage me to eat a little better! If you like this type of post, I’ll do some more for different days, and I’ll include some recipes too! Continue reading “What I eat in a day”
I was lucky enough to win a Giveaway on WordPress a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I’d show you the products I received, and do a mini-review. First of all, I’d like to thank Shannon, from Kittyp0p for running this giveaway, and for sending me all of the lovely things I’m about to show you. Continue reading “Winning a Giveaway- Review”
So, as you would have seen from my post yesterday, I wasn’t too successful in completing many of the goals I set out to accomplish in April. I’ve decided to make my goals a little more achievable this month, and hopefully get through a few more of them. I hope you enjoy this post, and I’d love to hear about the goals you have set for the month ahead. Continue reading “May Goals”
At the start of this month, I set out a number of goals that I wanted to achieve by the end of the month, which you can remind yourselves of here. April has flown by remarkably quickly, probably because I have so much work to do, but since we have now reached the end of the month, I thought I would update you on my progress. Tomorrow I’ll be posting my goals for May, and *SPOILER ALERT* Continue reading “April Monthly Summary”
I thought I would use this post to talk you through a typical day in my life, as a student at the University of Southampton. My days are fairly repetitive- I generally do the same thing most days. I hope you enjoy this post, and if you are a student, I would love to know if you do similar things to me.
I usually wake-up not very early… I’m normally leaving the house no later than 11… I want to be a morning person, but I’m just not. When I wake up, I have a shower, get dressed, put make-up on, and make a coffee to take to campus with me in my travel mug. It’s so much cheaper than buying coffee on campus, and much better for the environment! I bought mine for £4 in Flying Tiger. I only have lectures on Wednesday mornings (the benefit/downside of being a masters student on a research-heavy course!) If I don’t have lectures, I’ll generally find somewhere to work on campus- either a desk in the library, a quiet empty room, or in The Bridge- a cafe/restaurant on campus.
I normally work better alone than with my friends- it’s too easy to get distracted. At the moment, I’m working on my dissertation, which luckily isn’t due until September! I do this until lunchtime, and then I normally meet my friend and we buy lunch and an iced coffee and have a break together. I’ve really got into iced coffee recently- I don’t know why I’ve not tried it before because it’s so yummy! I need to start making lunch to take to campus because it’s much cheaper, but I always forget!
We then find a quiet room to do some work, and try our best not to get distracted! I’m currently working on my dissertation, but use this time to also write blog posts, organise my life, and do any other work. I have a to-do list pad that I bought from Amazon for less than £5, which is great for organising my life!
Usually about 7pm, we leave campus, and go bellringing for the evening. I think I must certainly win prizes for the oddest/most out-there hobby! We normally finish about 9pm, and go to the pub to socialise with our friends. This generally means I’m home about 11:30pm/12am, so it’s straight to bed ready for the next day.
If I’m home early, and it’s been a particularly long day, I’ll sometimes have a bath before bed. I normally relax by either reading, or catching up on YouTube videos, or watching Netflix.
I hope you’ve found this post interesting, and I would love to hear about your standard daily routines.
Until next time,
Who doesn’t love a good Netflix binge? I have a shared account with three of my friends, and for only £2.50 a month I can watch whatever I like. It’s definitely one of the best investments I’ve made recently, so I thought I’d share with you what I’m currently watching on Netflix, and the programmes that I’ve watched and enjoyed.
- Pretty Little Liars- I love this show, and must have watched it in full at least three times. Which is an achievement given how long it is. I would happily start watching this again. I not only love the stories and characters, but also the fashion inspiration!
- The Vampire Diaries- I loved the first few series of this show, then I thought it got worse as it progressed. However, I recently finished watching the final series (last night), and I think the final series (Series 8) was absolutely fantastic.
- Gilmore Girls- This my current binge show, and I really love it. It’s very easy to watch, and quite relatable (which Vampire Diaries definitely is not). It’s about a mum and daughter growing and developing together.
- The Crown- I love this. Definitely worth a watch. There are two seasons out at the moment, with quite a few more scheduled. This is a Netflix original, and it’s been really well made.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events- This has been really well made, and it’s very easy to watch. There was a film made years ago that I think is better, but this show is pretty good. Another Netflix original.
- Gavin and Stacey- Who doesn’t love this lush show? (Get the reference? :P)
- Brooklyn 99- This is amazingly funny, and such a wonderful show. The final series isn’t on Netflix, but I can’t wait until it is!
- Inside No.9- This show is just brilliant. Each episode is totally different, but each happens inside a different ‘No.9’. Again, the last series isn’t on Netflix yet, but I’ve watched it on BBC iPlayer.
What are you currently loving on Netflix? Do you have an all-time favourite TV show?
Until next time,
Who doesn’t love baking? Or perhaps more accurately, who doesn’t love eating all the yummy food once it’s been baked? Being home for the holidays means I can bake without the expense of buying all of the ingredients (cheeky, I know), so I like to Continue reading “Lets Bake! Easy recipe for blueberry muffins.”
I have a huge make-up collection. Probably not the biggest you’ve ever seen, but it is rather large, therefore needs proper organising. I’m going to use this post to show you how I organise my make-up, and hopefully give you some ideas if you are looking for new ways to store your make-up. I’d also love to know how you organise your own products, so let me know in the comments. Continue reading “How I organise my make-up”
I’ve decided to use this blog to work out some goals for myself each month- just to try and keep track of everything, and hopefully work towards some of my longer term goals. This is such a supportive community, that I thought this would help me to stick to these two. So, here goes…
Welcome back 🙂
I did quite a few fun things last week (first week of my university Easter holidays), and I thought I’d share these with you. So, this isn’t exactly a normal day in the life. And it’s not really just a day, more like a few days doing different things. But, I hope Continue reading “A week in the life…”